Grip it and Rip It with John Daly in John Daly's ProStroke Golf:
- Featuring the unique and critically acclaimed ProStroke control that allows players to craft and control real golf shots like never before.
- Sam Torrance and Peter Kessler provide lively commentary across 12 varied and challenging courses, populated with interactive spectators to bring a rich match-day atmosphere to life.
- Away from the tournaments and exhibitions gamers would expect from a golf title, the Challenge Mode offers a series of golfing trials presented by John Daly himself, as he takes players through the different disciplines of the game, from putting and approach play to the world famous Long John drive itself.
- With great control and realism, you can shape your shots and bomb down the fairway just like in real golf. Beginners can hit good shots and experienced players can hit great ones!
- Exclusive Move controls implemented for Playstation 3
When you think of golf games, one thinks of Tiger Woods - now there's a new contender in town and his name is John Daly...
As with the general rule of golf, the aim of the game is simply to put the golf ball away in as few strokes as possible. At the start of the game, from the main menu screen you can choose from Quick game, Career and Online modes.
Control-wise, you can use the standard joypad control and start teeing off, but what really sets the title apart from other games its genre is the fact that the game implements the use of the Playstation's motion controller that is the Move. I have played golf in real-life a few times and playing golf games on say the Wii, with it's motion controls is pretty adequate but to an extent.
What I must state that the use of the Move with this title is exceptionally responsive and actually replicates what it is like to really play golf. From the swinging motions to the putting on the green and such, it's a joy to behold to be able to swing and putt with such finesse.
With realistic controls comes realistic gameplay, the ability to spin the ball in mid-air as in other titles is not present in this title as it is based on reality, this makes the title even more authentic to gameplayers and real golf players alike.
Graphically, the presentation screens and menus are pretty straight forward. The animation, details of the character models and scenery are good but not that detailed to what you'd come to expect on a next-generation system. Sound and music-wise, commentary is clear and unobtrusive, sound effects are nicely sampled too.
John Daly's ProStroke Golf is an entertaining and solid enough title of the genre, despite it's graphical shortcomings, it more than makes up for it in the controls of the Move controller. Combining accurate and realistic motions, this is a title that any golfing fan would be proud of!...
+ Excellent and responsive controls from Move controller
+ Good music and sound effects as well as commentary
+ Relaxing game
+ Online mode
- Graphics could be improved